For Further Information and to book this course call us or email.
1300 990 810
Course Start Dates
- Gladstone - Call us for dates (Every Second Month)
- Sydney (Botany) - Call us for dates (Every Second Month)
Vertical Rescue Training
PUASAR032A, PUASAR022A, PUAEME001B, PUAFIR201B
Successful trainees receive a Statement of Attainment for Vertical Rescue which is recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. Accredited by F&SA (RTO 22250).
4 days off-site at our facility or 4-5 days depending on complexity if held on-site.
$1295.00 pp for public course
Our nationally accredited Vertical Rescue Course is designed for anyone who may be required to perform rope-based rescues to extract injured personnel from difficult to access terrain. This training course is taught by experienced emergency services instructors who will perform rescue scenarios that are relevant to your work site. This training course is very hands on with 75% of the time being ‘on ropes’ and performing rescue scenarios.
Various types of equipment can be covered depending on the complexity of the types of rescue methods applicable at the site. Training and course subjects will be completely tailored to the requirements of the work site. Following the training course, all competent trainees will be capable of responding to various on-site rope rescue emergencies.
Pinnacle Height Safety has built a solid reputation as a provider or real world rope rescue skills. The course is delivered over four days minimum. The skills taught will be tailored to your workplace requirements and contexts such as:
- Mine sites
- Power stations
- Cliffs and canyons
- Confined spaces
- Ships and vessels etc.
- AS4488 and AS1891.4 – falls from height regulations
- Software theory: harness, ropes etc
- Hardware theory
- Knots and hitches
- Anchor points and systems
- Suspension trauma
- Abseiling skills
- Rope ascension skills
- Rescue team ethos and ideals
- Lowering and raising systems
- Stretcher escorting and patient handling
- ‘Pick off’ rescues
- Safety Officer and Team Leader roles and responsibilities
- Belay systems and climbing skills (Optional)
- Decline traverses (Optional)
- Tyrolean traverses (Optional)
- All necessary equipment can be provided (although we encourage you to bring your own)
- Training conducted by experienced Emergency Services Instructors
- Plenty of practical hands on training
Each Trainee Must Provide (On-site training)
- We can supply all equipment necessary for you to undertake training including harnesses, ascenders, descenders etc.
- Please contact us to discuss your equipment requirements.
- We actively encourage you to bring along your own equipment.
- This training is realistic and very physical. It is important that all personnel who attend this course have a head for heights. You will be ascending ropes and hanging in harnesses for extended periods in order to conduct rescues.